- Lingering pain to hot or cold
- Tenderness or pain to touch a tooth, or pain during chewing
- Spontaneous, unprovoked paint that may radiate to your ear or below your eye
- Swelling over the root area of tooth
- Pimple-like bump on the gums above a tooth
- A dental x-ray that shows a dark area associated with the tip of a tooth root
Please note: antibiotics are a great first aid and will usually eliminate most pain and swelling temporarily BUT they can’t completely eliminate the cause of the infection. The problem will reoccur until the tooth has root canal treatment or is extracted.